Term 1 dates are 1st February to 1st April
Welcome to violin lessons for 2021!
The themes for this term are Resonance and Rhythm.
New features in 2021
Listening to different pieces of music – As well as your Suzuki recording, let’s get to know some music for orchestra. This term we’ll learn about ‘Carnival of the Animals’ by Saint-Saens.
Musicianship for young children – In response to requests from parents, and because I see a need, fun classes for boys and girls are available, either small groups or individual lessons. Give your young preschooler a head start before they start formal instrumental lessons; percussion, singing and movement will help children develop an ear for music and a feeling for the beat.
- Review pieces
– Twinkle, Lightly Row, Allegro, Perpetual Motion, Minuet 1, Gossec Gavotte
– Chorus from Judas Maccabeus, Hunters Chorus, Brahms Waltz, Boccherini Minuet
– Bach Minuets and Gavotte in G minor, Humoresque
– Seitz Concerto No 5, 1st movt
- On very hot days, lessons will be in my air-conditioned lounge room.
- Group lessons for beginners and Book 1-2 students may be on Tuesdays after school this year.
Please tell me if you can attend on Tuesdays once a month from 4.30 pm to 5.15 pm.
Looking forward to a fresh start in 2021; the lesson schedule is coming by email.