In order to gain benefit from the lessons and make steady progress, here’s what’s required:
– Regular listening to recording of your current book (at least daily).
– Regular practice on the instrument (also daily), following points given in lessons.
– Violin, bow, case and music should be kept in good condition, with regular replacement of strings and bow hair.
– Bring music and notebook to every lesson.
– Fingernails should be short and clean.
Slow steady progress is the goal, if you have a disrupted week, as we all do sometimes, just get back to your routine the next week.
Rescheduling of lessons:
– If I miss a lesson, I will reschedule it by mutual arrangement or credit it to next term’s fees.
– If you miss a lesson, up to two lessons a term (terms 2, 3 & 4)may be rescheduled, please give as much notice as possible. Term 1 unlimited, see Heat policy below.
– Rescheduled lessons must be taken within the same term as the absence.
– Fees are due by 14 days from date of the invoice.
– Or – 50% is due by 14 days from date of the invoice, with the balance due 4 weeks later.
– Unfortunately I am unable to give refunds.
In November, December, February and March the weather can be very hot. If hot weather is forecast, you can request a lesson change; perhaps come early before school. Just text or email me with your request by 7pm the day before and I’ll be happy to help.
Half a term’s notice is kindly requested.