Preparation for lessons:
In order to gain benefit from the lessons and make steady progress, here are some suggestions:
– Regular listening to recording of your current book (at least daily).
– Regular practice on the instrument (also daily), following points given in lessons.
– Violin, bow, case and music should be kept in good condition, with regular replacement of strings and bow hair.
– Bring music and notebook to every lesson.
– Fingernails should be short and clean.
Slow steady progress is the goal, if you have a disrupted week, as we all do sometimes, just get back to your routine the next week.
Rescheduling of lessons (make up lessons):
– If I miss a lesson, I will reschedule it or credit it to next term’s fees.
– If you miss a lesson, up to two lessons a term (terms 2, 3 & 4)may be rescheduled, please give as much notice as possible. Term 1 unlimited, see Heat policy below.
– Rescheduled lessons must be taken within the same term as the absence.
– Fees are due by 14 days from date of the invoice.
– Or – 50% is due by 14 days from date of the invoice, with the balance due 6 weeks from date of the invoice.
– Unfortunately I am unable to give refunds.
In November, February and March the weather can be very hot. If hot weather is forecast, you can change the violin lesson to another day, or before school. Just text or email me with your request by 8pm the day before and I’ll be happy to help.
Half a term’s notice is kindly requested.